- By some slug bait containing an insecticide at your local gardening center.
- Collect a few small plastic water bottles. Large soda bottles are too large you will not be able to hide them well.
- Cut the tops off of the bottles about a half inch below where the straight part of the bottle ends.
- Pour a little slug bait into the bottle.
- Turning the top of the bottle around, place it back into the bottle so that the mouth of the bottle is now inside.
- Take a stapler and fasten the reversed top to the bottle.
- Place the bottle in an area of your garden where the slugs do the most damage.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
How To Make An Effective Slug Trap
If slugs are eating away at your ground cover, here is a tip to build a better "slug" trap. My particular problem was that slugs were chewing nasty holes in my hostas. Here is what to do: